Tuesday, November 17
Some things Carly told about the trip:
- This factory only makes electric guitars.
- There are 2 other Gibson Factories to make the other types.
- These guitars cost 3 to 5 thousand dollars.
- Lots of people work on the guitars.
- It takes months to make a guitar.
- The job she would want would be the tester.
- or maybe the painter.
- The job she would not want was the lady who used a straight razor to clear the varnish off the edges.
- If a flaw is found in the guitar along the way, it is taken to the bandsaw and destroyed.
at 8:59 PM
Monday, November 16
Each year, Carly participates in a chapel program. In previous years, each class was responsible for a program, but this year, the whole 4th grade came together to put on a program. Before it was also held in the chapel but this year it was in the sanctuary of the church. That was a big deal to the kids. They go to the chapel every week but the sanctuary made it seem even more of a production!
Carly's Bible and music teachers wrote, directed, organized it all. The program was about the life of Paul. There were drama scenes, music, and singing. The kids got to request what they would like to do. Carly wanted to be an instrumentalist. "I do not want to talk" is what she told me when I asked her what she wrote down on her form.
They did a fabulous job. It was wonderful to see some talents that I had not had the chance to see before.
One day, I am going to figure out how to take photos in a stage situation where I am not close enough for a flash and there is not much stage lightening. If I slow the shutter down to get enough light then they are blurry!
at 8:57 PM
Sunday, November 15
at 9:14 PM
Sunday, November 1
at 12:07 PM