Sunday, January 11

ready to enjoy

My word for 2009

A quote that sums up my struggle.........

"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve my world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day." E.B. White

  1. Enjoy - to take pleasure in (appreciate, delight in, like, live, love)
  2. Enjoy - to have the benefit of or use of (be blessed, experience, hold)
  3. Enjoy - to receive pleasure from (relish, savor, appreciate)

I resolve to take the opportunity to enjoy life.

I resolve to make opportunities to enjoy life.

I resolve to enjoy the opportunities I have in life.

I resolve to recognize the things in life that I enjoy.

I resolve to enjoy small moments in life.

I resolve to enjoy life as it is.

11 comments:

patsy said...

this is the best!!!!
wow- I am loving "your word"

Brilliant!! I love the quote too & want to put it on my side bar...? It's fantastic.

It's going to be a great year :)
this gives me courage to post my own word- thanks for sharing

Linda said...

What a great word Kim Sue! When I think of enjoy, I think happiness...and I hope 2009 brings you lots of it!

Thank you for the wonderful card. It was very touching and truly appreciated! It made my day Friday!

Michelle Alley said...

I love your word of the year! Such a beautiful way to celbrate this year. Good luck and I'll take your advice on this one, and enjoy my year too!

Amy said...

Such a great word. That quote speaks to me, too...so glad you shared it!

Jill said...

This will be a great word for the year!

Laurie said...

I like how optimistic that word is!

Anonymous said...

Enjoy! I really like your word AND I know you will do just that in 2009.

Alisa said...

I love your word- Isn't it amazing what one word can do?
This word will be great for this next year!

Natasha said...

I think this is a great word to start your year off with!

BTW, I do notice how much you enjoy being a mom - it shows in your Carly posts.

Cecilia said...

Great choice! This was the next word on my list.

Enjoy every minute of it!

Shar said...

Good work. I hope you enjoy your 2009!