Wednesday, April 25

Homerun

Carly had her 2nd coach-pitch baseball game yesterday. It had been threatening to rain all day. We even sat in the car waiting to the last minute because it looked like the bottom was going to fall out BUT no rain. I was still unconvinced that we were going to make it out without getting soaked SO I changed my shoes, got an umbrella AND left my camera in the car! As usual, when you don't have your camera the perfect photo-opt presents itself. Carly smacked the ball past the left fielder (there is no fence so the ball rolled forever) for her first HOMERUN! When she rounded homeplate she had this wonderful "I'm so proud of myself" grin.
I missed the BIG hit yesterday but here is a snap from the 1st game. Her and Kenny have been practicing in the front yard. Sometimes they recruit me to be the ball girl - not so much anymore since I let the baseball roll into the storm drain...oops, I'm not quite as speedy as I use to be. Okay, I was never speedy :)

2 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

So glad you joined us :o) I can not say much about "holding you to it" my personal blog is long overdue with an update but I just can not get it all together these days!! I have so much to post but not enough time!! You need to check out my DB blog.. It had a makeover this week :o)

Keetha said...

So good to hear from you. It's hard to believe Carly is 7, much less the fact that we're 35. When did that happen? ;