Sunday, June 3

Twinkle Toes

I don't have much experience with dance recitals. Mom says I was in one and I vaguely remember my sister in a couple. Last night was Carly's debut. I think I might have gotten my first dose of stage moms. I have seen soccer moms and school moms and even sports dads but this was a whole new playing field. Carly just basked in the lime light. Costumes, makeup, fingernail polish and the center of attention, what was there for her not to love? She even asked me to take her picture - a couple of times! I had to just step back and take in all that was happening around me. There was talk of hair dressers and some one to help with makeup and I even heard one mom talk about someone altering the costume. Kenny told me he observed a few husband & wife spats which he attributed to some really high strung moms. And I have to clarify this is not a dance company that is a staging for professional dancers, these are just cute kids that are all dolled up and having lots of fun. Well except for that little one who WAS NOT going to dance with that stick pony :) She is precious if I do say so myself.....watch out stage moms, Carly's mom is in the house :)

No comments: