Sunday, August 12

teachers

It's back-to-school time and no one knows that more than teachers. I grew up in a family full of teachers and am now surrounded by more teachers as family and friends. Teachers have always had a special place in my life but now I see them in a whole new light as a part of my child's life. We have had 4 amazing teachers the past 4 years that now hold a special place in my heart for all they have done for my child. Not the least of which is making her feel loved. Because my mom is a teacher, back-to-school was a special time in our house. It held as many traditions as many holidays. I love the start of school - new clothes, new shoes, new school supplies, new teacher, new classroom -- the excitement of starting something new but with traditions so it is not so scary.
Thanks to all those teachers who give their all so all "their" kids are excited with the anticipation of a new start.
..........

{Some "teacher" good mail that I sent out this week.}

Carly's first day of 2nd grade is tomorrow. She is excited about her new teacher and a little apprehensive of making new friends. I went to parent's night on Friday and labeled all her supplies and wrote her a note for the first day. I met her new teacher Miss M(who Carly is going to love). As she talked about herself and the year to come, you could tell she was excited. She is young, full of fresh ideas and excitement for what she does. I know we are going to have a great year.

{Miss M's back-to-school basket. It turned out really cute. It is full of lime green and red treats! Carly helped me choose some fun things such as books, snacks (including red & green jelly beans), school supplies, personalized stickers (thanks to Doodlebugs), and a Sonic card (Carly said, "you gotta have Sonic " :) Carly is excited about taking it tomorrow.}

Tomorrow, after I get Carly settled & take lots of pictures, I will drop in at our church. We are having a back-to-school prayer time. I made my prayer list last week and have already been praying for the new school year. I made a list because I was trying not to forget anyone. A tall order considering all the teachers in my life. Hopefully by tomorrow I will have remembered everyone.

No comments: