Friday, September 28

friday brunch

Okay, I have to admit that when I hear my friends, who are stay-at-home moms, talking about meeting up during the middle of the day for this or that - I feel a little jealous
(well only briefly before I think about being with Carly all day, everyday, 24/7 with NO time to breath)
But today, I got the best of both worlds. My friend, Elizabeth, invited a few moms from Carly's school to come over after we dropped the munchkins off and have brunch. It was such a treat. It felt like we were getting away with something -
hanging out, visiting, without an agenda, without kids.....just because! Watch out sweetie, I could get use to this :)
.....
Thank you Elizabeth for all your hard work to have us over.
I had a great time!
.....
{editors note - I'm still learning about my new camera and a couple of the pictures I took were bad blurry, so I missed some folks as well as the yummy food table which was beautiful}

2 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

stay at home mom?? what fun would that be? Eating bon-bons and watching soaps all day! I don't think so... you can work for Doodle Bugs if you think you're going to quit your real job!

Natasha said...

I know what you mean. I stayed home with Luci until she was 3 and then went back to work because I HAD to. Now I love my job(s) and wouldn't have it any other way. Besides, I get off at 2pm every day to pick Griffin up from school and then go home to wait for Luci.I like to be busy while they are in school. But when my friends who are stay home moms call my cell phone in the middle of the day to ask if I am busy I am like, "hello, I work!" They still do this after 3 years.