Thursday, November 29

carly's favorite

My mom and sister left on Saturday to go back home after some crazy shopping (see my sister's blog here ). They had not made it to the end of my driveway before Carly started asking was I going to get the nativity scene down. I had planned on using Saturday to decompress after all the Thanksgiving traveling and festivities. There were a thousand things that needed doing before we started pulling Christmas decorations down. But after the 2nd or 3rd time, I was like, why don't you just get the blasted thing down. She was SO happy. She lovingly opened each piece and put the boxes back while I decided where we were going to set it up. She carried the pieces to the table and arranged them just so, and then she played for a while and then she arranged them again. Later when I walked by, I moved a couple of pieces, arranging them the way I thought they should be. A little later she was appalled "who touched MY nativity scene?"
... ... Each year Carly gets a new piece to her nativity scene on Christmas Eve.
....
....
2004 Christmas Eve adding her new pieces - shepherd Gabriel and sheep
2005 Christmas Eve, Carly opening the camel.
Last year, with MamMam putting out her ox and goat.
.....
.....
.....
{I wish my pictures pre-2004 were digital.}

2 comments:

Keetha said...

The Christmas insanity at my house starts this afternoon. My child is bouncing off the walls. Just at the thought of it.

While I hope it's going to be super fun, I realize it may also be a long weekend.

Anonymous said...

john camp loves having his own nativity scene that yall have so sweetly started for him. what a great tradition! the true meaning of christmas...