Thursday, December 13

parade

I COULD NOT get my camera to take good pictures at the parade. I only took my small Olympus and I have not figured out how to manually change shutter speed, etc so I was stuck with the pre-set categories on the camera. None of which were right for the situation. There was night scenes, fireworks, night scene with portrait, sport, and on and on. But no "night parade" setting. So my pictures look like....
this..... or this.... or this. All of which are kind of cool in an artistic kind of way, but not really what I was looking for. So, I gave up and just went with a SPT.
Even though we look like we are bundled up for Arctic temperatures, it was only about 48 degrees but when we left home and got out of the car it was misting rain (that's what you get when you put "go to the parade" in the countdown box - no turning around now) but once we walked to a good viewing spot it stopped raining and was a beautiful night.

No comments: