Thursday, December 6

tagged by my sister

  • Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper (I have serious issues with wrapping paper - Love it) - this year zebra print paper and lots of red and lime green.

  • Real tree or artificial? artificial.. I grew up with an artificial tree so my first Christmas after I got married I was determined to have a real tree. It was a fiasco - a story that needs its very own blog. Needless to say the next year we bought an artificial tree.

  • When do you put up the tree? I like to put it up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. This year it was the Monday after Thanksgiving.

  • When do you take the tree down? Typically the weekend after New Years.

  • Do you like eggnog? Yes - I'm glad you can only buy it during Christmas season and I wish it wasn't so very fattening.

  • Favorite gift received as a child? that's tough - too many memories to choose from maybe my doll house, maybe Cabbage Patch Dolls, or a doll trunk with lots of clothes for my Baby Gilbert.

  • Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Carly has a nativity scene. She gets a new piece every Christmas Eve. She loves it. So it is a very special part of our Christmas.

  • Hardest person to buy for? Uncle Wilson

  • Easiest person to buy for? Carly and my sister

  • Worst Christmas gift ever received? I think this might get me in trouble with someone.

  • Mail or email Christmas card? mail - love to open the mailbox during December just to see whose christmas card is in the box today. Then we display them to enjoy all month. I just finished putting together an album of christmas cards we have received over the last 6 years. I have had the idea for years (wish I had started saving them since Kenny and I got married) but it has taken me this long to put it together.

  • Favorite Christmas Movie? Santa Clause the Movie, Rudolph, Polar Express, or National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

  • When do you start shopping for Christmas? Just about all year

  • Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? shhhhh

  • Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? party foods/appetizers

  • Clear lights or colored on the tree? white - but I am having a new found love of those vintage big colored bulbs that I am seeing on some trees in our neighborhood. I saw some in my friend Keetha's blog.

  • Favorite Christmas song? Baby, it's cold outside (Love our Rat Pack CD)

  • Travel at Christmas or stay home? both - we made the decision when Carly was born to be home on Christmas morning but work everyone else in around that.

  • Do you have an Angel on top or a star? star

  • Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning at our house

  • Most annoying thing about this time of year? wanting to do so much and running out of time

No comments: