Tuesday, January 8

Nov & Dec book list

Not only did I not have much time to read. I didn't take the time to take notes or blog about what I have read. I thought about skipping out and just starting with January, but I really like the idea of making this list (for me) because I have never kept a record of what I read. I love the idea of being able to look back. So, here are a few for posterity's sake.....
  • Little Women by Alcott

It really took me much too long to read this. I wanted to read it and I enjoyed it. I think that is a sure sign of how much quick read "junk" (as my mom called it when I was growing up) that I read. It takes my brain longer to wrap around long descriptive paragraphs. I liked the fact that it took place about the same time as Gone with the Wind which I just finished reading. And, I took with me this quote..."Our burdens are here, our road is before us, and the longing for goodness and happiness is the guide that leads us through many troubles...."

  • Cassandra Compact and Hades Project by Ludlum

Ludlum is the master of spy-type novels. There is such plot and character development. I find myself urging them on to conclusion.

  • Final Appeal...by Lisa Scottoline

Enjoyable murder mystery full of lawyers and law enforcement. Although it took a couple of chapters for someone to die, a typical murder mystery.

  • Mississippi Sissy...by Kevin Sessums

I almost left this off the list because I don't know exactly how I feel about it. A autobiography about growing up gay in Mississippi. It was kind of like a train wreck...you know you just can't help but turning around and looking. I hope this guy is in therapy because his early life if MESSED UP. I did A LOT of skimming, but did finish it. Some of the most interesting parts were that he ran around in a crowd with Eudora Welty.

  • Myron Bolitar: Drop Shot...by Harlan Coben

Love this series. I had read a couple of the later ones and now have gone back to the beginning. This is number 2 in the series. Great characters. Typical murder mysteries but the characters make you come back for more.

  • Everyone Worth Knowing...by Lauren Weisberger

I almost gave up twice but about 50-70 pages in I got into it. It was amusing and made me laugh. But definitely outside my reading "box".

  • Book of the Dead....by Patricia Cornwell

Really liked it. It is like returning to a family reunion to catch up with old friends. All the same characters are back with lots of problems. It was all mixed up and kept me trying to figure it out. All kinds of stuff falls apart and leaves a little bit of you wishing for the happy ending, but I know this means there is another Dr. Scarpetta book out there in the future.

  • Playing for Pizza ....by John Grisham

Very different than previous books. I enjoyed it because of the setting and all the talk about Italy. We went a couple of years ago and are planning a return trip in the Spring. Most of the book takes place in Parma which is the area of Italy we are going!

3 comments:

TheOneTrueSue said...

Gosh, you make me feel so illiterate. How do you find so much time to read? (I say, as I sit here blogging.)

I haven't read a single book on your list, other than Little Women, which - I loved the book, hated the ending. I wanted Jo with Laurie, not the creepy professor.

Keetha said...

I've been wondering about Mississippi Sissy - I've heard it's good yet painful to read. I haven't tried it yet. Enjoy your book lists!

Natasha said...

Okay, I feel like i should be reading more! All I have been reading are HIV reports for a grant proposal I am writing! Luci reads more than I do, it's a sad state of affairs.