Wednesday, January 30

SPT - 25th hour

Lelly's challenge this week "but what if there was a way to do it all? what if there was a twenty-fifth hour of the day, an hour all to yourself! no commitments, no distractions, no need to sleep. what would you do? "
Time just for me without the distraction in the back of my mind that I should be taking care of something else.
.....
The list could be endless....
scrapbooking
blogging
organizing pictures
editing and ordering pictures
writing a couple of letters
packaging some good mail
shopping
reading
field trip with my camera
a long walk
update my ipod
surf the web
shop on ebay
research a little on Italy destinations
brush up on a few Italian words
study up on digital scrapbooking
and more
.....
But I decided to make my 25th hour a productive one. I made a list at the beginning of January of 20 things I wanted to do in January. As of today, there was one thing left on the list, so I decided "why not?"
.....
clean out my bathroom drawer
{does anyone else have a drawer that looks like this? Not only is is so disorganized & junky it is filthy. How does so much ick get into a drawer?}
.....

But NOW, I have an organized, clean drawer that will make me happy when I open it in the morning to get dressed. Sometimes it amazes me what little things can make me so happy!

One extra hour = one clean bathroom drawer

7 comments:

Natasha said...

I cleaned the kid's craft shelf in the laundry room recently and it was definitely an hour well spent. Amazing how cleaning one drawer or shelf can make it all good!

Jill said...

Woohoo for your cleaned out drawer! It's almost strange how satisfying something like that can be. It kind of makes me wonder why I don't do it more often.

Doodle Bugs said...

I have not gotten to this yet.. but it is really scary how we think alike.

I was going to clean out my pajama drawer. I took the before picture but I have not found that extra hour to get to it so I don't have an after picture..

However, I am very surprised that you ever let a drawer get like this. Mine.. look way worse than your before picture after I clean them. As Carly once said.. I just have too much stuff!! (we will blame it on Aunt Donna Sue.. )

Michelle Alley said...

That's one great SPT photo! Love it! I am a firm believer that if your make-up drawer is organized, you can organize anything else. btw - those strawberries look so great, thanks for you comments, you have a great blog!

Unknown said...

i love something like that, which will make me happy and relaxed in the morning.

way to go on completing your january list!

Laurie said...

I agree with your entire list of possibilities. And I love the effects of a super clean drawer!

Anonymous said...

O. K. IT DOESN'T LOOK MUCH DIFFERENT TO ME..BUT, I'M GLAD IT MADE YOU FEEL BETTER...WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE NAIL POLISH?
NONNA