Saturday, February 9

january reading

  • The Hanged Man's Song by John Sandford -- A pretty good mystery. I enjoyed it. Hanged man refers to the Hanged Man tarrot card not that someone gets hanged in the book although someone does get killed in the first chapter -possibly the first page. Not for Kacey.

  • Third Degree by Greg Iles -- Really liked this one. Suspenseful. He has great characters that you really get involved with.

  • Rhett Butler's People -- It is a "follow up" to Gone with the Wind. I really liked it and I think it was even better because I had just read Gone With the Wind. I have always loved Rhett the bad boy. I never liked that Gone with the Wind ends with him heartbroken. This book feels like you are getting the story behind the story.

  • Katrina: Mississippi Women Remember Christmas gift from Kacey. Thank you - I loved it. B&W photos and short stories by women whose lives were touched by Katrinia. Many brought tears and I could only read one at a time, but excellent stories of the human spirit.

But these have been taking most of my reading time. The more I read the more excited I get!!

3 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

I really liked the Katrina book. I actually found it while looking for the other Mississippi book I gave you. I read a few stories and thought you would enjoy it. It seemed good.

Natasha said...

That Katrina book does look good. I am always impressed with how much you read. I enjoy reading but sadly don't read much outside of work anymore - social work journals, materials for grant proposals, etc.
I am getting excited about your Italy trip for you! I have never been to Europe but hope to one day!!

Natasha said...

Love the "XOXO" stamp, Kim Sue!! Thank you so much!!