Monday, March 24

Easter Celebration

{family picture - Easter morning-my parents' yard}

I love Easter weekend. Even this year which meant leaving my house 2 days after getting home from our trip to go to my mom & dad's house.
After I started blogging about Easter, I had the feeling that I had said all these things before.
.....

{family tradition - 35 years of egg dying in those same coffee cups or better known as the egg dying cups}

.....

{there is only one child at my mom & dad's for Easter, so you can guess who all those baskets are for?

My sister, Kacey, has a post about what was in her basket - that's hers on the bottom-left.}

.....

{Carly - Easter morning with her Easter basket - hers was so full that is was spilling out around it. There was some candy, books, card game, bath stuff, lip gloss, nail polish, and clothes for AG doll Julie}

{possibly my last chance for a sweet smocked Easter dress}

7 comments:

Natasha said...

love the smocked dress and what a great family pic.
I love reading about everyone's holiday traditions!

Alisa said...

ahhh the smocked dress- I just let out a little moan when I saw it- before I read your caption I wondered how many years you would get to do it. Our daughter stopped way to early-
beautiful family photo-

Linda said...

Looks as if your Easter was delightful!

Seems as though quite a few people score really really big with the Easter baskets in your family...how fun and special!

Keetha said...

Oh, how Easter-rific! Looks like you all had a lovely holiday.

Also? Those egg-dying mugs rule!

Jill said...

I just came from reading Kacey's Easter post and assumed her husband had made such a great Easter basket...this means your mom did?? You guys are so lucky (apparently I'm 9)!

Your family photo is darling, Carly looks just like you.

Kim Sue said...

Jill - HA! My sister's husband would love to be given such credit. The girls stuff each other's baskets. My mom and I stuff Kacey's and they stuff mine. Then Kacey and I stuff our mom's. The girls take care of their husbands. The guys do nothing. They act like teenage boys....acting like they don't care much but would harbor disappointment if their basket was not full of their favorite goodies.

Alisa said...

I love that all the girls help do the baskets for each other! I love it!