Sunday, April 27

mam mam and the zoo

{MamMam & Carly sitting in a bubble window watching sea lions}
.....
My mom (aka "MamMam") came up for a couple of days.
Friday when she arrived it was gorgeous, and the weather was just screaming for us to do something outside.
So we packed a little cooler, picked Carly up from school and headed to the zoo. I was worried that it might be crowded because of the beautiful weather but nope, it was really quiet.
I have a rule about going to the zoo during April and May. I don't. But that is during the day when the place it packed with end-of-the-year field trippers. We got there about 3:45 and stayed until 6:00 and about had the place to ourselves. Just the way I like it.
Carly likes to be the tour guide. This trip she wanted to show off the polar bears, sea lions, panda bears, otters, gorillas, and hippos. And just like every trip for the past 7.5 years, we ended our trip at the playground.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great week-end with both of you...as always the zoo trip was a special time with my grandchild. Thanks Kim-Sue for the wonderful afternoon. Love to both...Mam-Mam

Keetha said...

Dear son and the entire kindergarten at Winona Elementary (FIVE! classes) went there the week before last. I'm with you - I'm thinking a quiet time is the best.

Jill said...

You're brilliant to go during those times, why didn't I ever think of that? Probably because I never go to the zoo except for field trips!

We don't have sea lions, pandas or otters at our zoo. Lame.