Friday, May 16

36 questions

Our drive each morning from home to school takes 30 minutes from loading up to dropping off. Last week, I discouraged Carly from listening to her iPod going to and from school (ok, I just said "no more"). It seemed like a good motherly decision given all the expert opinions are that driving-time is the perfect-time for "talking" with your child. I guess because they are confined and would have some trouble escaping.
.....
Tuesday morning Carly asked
at least 36 questions on our way to school.
......
They started with:
How much is a ton?
How much does your car weigh?
(we called Daddy to look it up on the computer)
How do they know?
How do they weigh it?
What kind of scale?
.....
moving on to:
Why do people drive over there?
Why don't they wait?
Why are they in a hurry?
Why didn't they leave earlier?
......
then to:

Is it going to rain today?

What about tomorrow?
Will we have tennis?
What about Thursday?
Will we have our baseball game?
.....
oh, and:
Is there a wrestler dog?
(I have no idea how to answer this one)
Do you know what dog it is?
Oh, is it a boxer?
(oh, I get it wrestler/boxer)
What does it look like?
Do you know anyone who has one?
......
.....
....maybe I was a little hasty about the ipod

6 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

well I am glad she still loves that present I gave her :o)

and please don't forget it next week when we head to the beach.

I can clearly remember saying when she was a baby that I could not wait for her to start talking..

which makes me appreciate my 2 minute ride to school where no one asks me anything!

Linda said...

Before I got to your last line I was thinking "mom may want Carly to continue with the Ipod!"

Carly is at such an inquisitive, fun age...enjoy!

How did you get all of your sentences to center...I haven't figured it out yet!

Natasha said...

Oh Kim Sue, we love our ipods! Luci and Griffin both have one and to me, they are like pacifiers that you stick in their ears!! I usually like my travel time in the car with my kids 1:1 but sometimes, enough is enough!!

Griffin listens to his ipod as he falls asleep each night which has been so helpful. It growns out all of the noise that the rest of us are making and makes him less aware that Luci is still up and about while he is in bed earlier than everyone else!

Carly seems like a girl whose wheels are always turning and you have to love that.

Keetha said...

Ha! That is priceless!

How funny...

Robyn said...

This is so funny- I go through the same dilema about watching tv in the car. You may have to go to an every-other-day program. You wouldn't want TOO much bonding time, right?

Jill said...

I think you are wise not to let her tune-out on her ipod in the car, that's such a good time to talk to each other. But I can totally relate to the endless questions and can see the temptation of the ipod.