Thursday, May 22

{truck #1}
.....

{truck #2}

.....

{before}

.....

{supervising}

......

{after}

we love where we live - our house, our cove, our neighborhood. the only negative is that Interstate 55 is in our backyard.

so we started stage #1 of reclaiming our backyard and making it usable for our family. wednesday, we got 5 dump trucks full of dirt (including the one that they stuck in my backyard) and some dozer work. yesterday, the landscape team showed up and planted 24 trees.

there is a little more work for this summer and stage #2 and stage #3 for the following summers. it is hard to have patience, but we are really excited that we got it started!

12 comments:

Linda said...

It sounds like you have a BIG project going on there but yay for stage #1.

Your property looks beautiful!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

What a project. It looks great so far!

I guess you are going to be very busy watering all those trees. Holy Cow!!

Whats planned for the next two summers?

Jill said...

Wow, 24 trees that is quite a project. Your yard looks big, lush and welcoming. Is that a hammock back there?

Kim Sue said...

yes a hammock - one of my favorite places :) and yes there will be lots of watering! and next, grass :)

Amy said...

Your yard looks AMAZING! I would love to spend an afternoon in your luscious green.

Anonymous said...

trees for a county girl...just think of the wonderful afternoons
reading in the hammock with shade...Mama

Keetha said...

Wow! You go. Keep us posted.

Amy said...

I am swimming in jealousy right now! I wish I could have a lush, green yard like that here in Utah, but the water police might arrest me! Beautiful!

Melinda said...

Wow! How exciting to have so many trees planted! It is going to be so pretty!

Laurie said...

It's really beautiful! I think you'll love it.

Unknown said...

there's nothing i love more than a yard full of trees. inspires me to get out there and start my own stage #1!!

Natasha said...

Here's to the reclaiming process!