Saturday, June 14

evening at the pool

every other week the pool at the Club stays open until 8:00
(I think they should do it every Friday, but again they didn't ask me...why don't they ask me? they should, I 'm thinking)
typically it closes at 6:00.
there is always a mandatory rest break at 4:00
where all the kids have to get out of the pool.
it is amazing to me how many people leave at 4:00
(it reminds me of the beach when everyone goes in just when the sun is setting...don't they know that is the perfect time to be on the beach,
maybe we shouldn't tell everyone,
we don't want it to be too crowded) .
i like to get there at 4:10 just in time for the rest break to end. it has started to cool off and the crowd is gone.
yesterday Carly invited her friend to join us.
they played and played and played. they had such a good time
and had the pool to themselves from 7:15 until 8:00.
I felt a little guilt that we were keeping the life guard there until the very end? Why don't others take advantage of twilight at the pool?

5 comments:

Jill said...

I don't think you should feel guilty for keeping the life guard at the pool, it's too great that you guys got to be there at twilight and so fun that the girls had the pool to themselves.

Did you swim with them or did you get to lounge with a book?

Doodle Bugs said...

Today is the BIG day!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't wait to hear how it goes.

The pool.. I wish I could have been there! Why would people not take advantage of that! It is the perfect time to swim.

Natasha said...

One day last week when I was off work I took the kids at 8 am thinking we would have the pool to ourselves - NOT! It was super crowded!

Linda said...

It sounds like you've worked out the perfect plan...after a long hot day of work and all, going to the pool early evening is the treat for the day.

You can just see in the girls faces how much fun they had...and what a nice way to spend a Friday night. Fun for the whole family.

We've had a pool for the last 20 years and so my kids grew up in the water. They spent hours and hours with friends splashing around each day...and boy did they sleep good at night!

Shar said...

Twilight IS the best time to swim. Don't tell everybody, than you can have it to yourselves! I love summer!