Monday, July 21

SPT - shade

Lelly's summer feng shui challenge ......"to help channel our personal chi, let's take time this month to focus on the 5 elements of summer: sun, water, shade, grass and ice cream!! "

What to do when you need a break at the pool?

Skip-Bo

Carly has discovered one of my favorite card games. Kenny swore off playing with me a long time ago. Now Carly wants to play every time we have some down time. I started carrying it to the pool so we could play in the SHADE when we need a break.

Carly likes to play card games and board games. Besides Skip-Bo, her other favorites right now are:

Apples to Apples

A to Z, Jr

Spoons

Blokus

Uno

Clue

What games do you like to play?

10 comments:

Shar said...

I LOVE Skip-bo. Probably my favorite game ever. I tried to to major in it in college, but they told me I had to major in something real, like business.

Cecilia said...

I love card and board games! They bring good memories of quality time with family and friends.

Bren's Life said...

I need to teach my boys that game. My son wants to play sorry all the time... I should try some of your other ones too... I buy games but then the pieces get lost with my girls playing with them & we actually never end up playing them...

Unknown said...

we played hours and hours of card games under the pool umbrellas growing up. it was *always* UNO or milles bournes. great memory.

i don't think i've ever played skip-bo, though...

Laurie said...

I used to love this game! It's been forever.... Clue was also a childhood favorite.

Natasha said...

I don't like card games much but that is a good idea to bring them to the pool.

Melinda said...

Jason and I love playing card games. We used to play every weekend when we were incollege and soo poor.

Alisa said...

This was a good reminder of something else I wanted to do with the kids this summer-
There are a few games that we just never get around to playing!

Michelle Alley said...

My girls are just now interested and able to do games like these -we can do go fish and old maid and still want for more when we're finished! Your games sound fun, we'll have to try them out!

Jill said...

Playing cards in the shade sounds like an excellent plan. I haven't ever played this game with my kids, I forget that we even have it.