Tuesday, December 9

november reads

  1. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte...another classic that has been on my list for a while. It is probably a little shameful that it took this long for it to make it to my 'have-read' list. I really enjoyed it (even though it took weeks to read) and loved Jane Eyre...she is such a spunky character. I found my self cheering her own hoping she was going to make the right decisions.
  2. Santa fe Dead - Stuart Wood....are you seeing a pattern here? For the last few months I have been making my way through Stuart Woods' books. I like having a series to read through without having to wait for the next one to come out. This one is from the Ed Eagle series. His ex-wife (who has tried to kill him and stole some of his money) escapes from jail. There are some good extra characters mixed in.
  3. Phantom Prey - John Sanford.....another good book in the Lucas Davenport series. A typical "who dun-it?", full of twists and turns that keeps me enjoying it until the end. Lucas dives off into the goth culture to solve the case.
  4. Growing up in Mississippi - multiple writers, all who were born in Mississippi, wrote short essays. They were more like glimpses of memories from their childhoods. And of course some were more interesting than others. Overall it was just "okay" and possibly only "okay" because I too grew up in Mississippi?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great choices!
I love the teacher gifts too. So cute.

I just got your Christmas card yesterday! I love it. Thank you so much.
Yours is on the way...soon.

Jill said...

I've never read Jane Eyre either. It's on my list, but that doesn't mean I'm excited to read it. I've seen a couple versions of the movie but feel daunted when it comes to reading it.