Sunday, May 9

.....and boogie with you

{Uncle Kenny helping JC put on his monkey suit.}
Last weekend, we made a trip to Jackson to attend Uncle Woody's wedding {Aunt Libba's brother} and spend the night with Uncle Beege, Aunt Libba and JC.
It was a quick trip but it was good to see everyone.
{We snagged a picture with JC all dressed in his tails} {The wedding was at 7:00 and the reception started at 8:00, so by the time the band started we had some worn out kiddos - Carly, JC, and cousin SD} {But that didn't stop Kenny from talking Carly into a dance or two}
{She started out unsure but after a couple dances,
she had shucked her shoes and was having a good time.}
{When I see these pictures, all I can think about is Carly at about 2 years.
She got her first music CD, KC & the Sunshine Band.
She loved to dance and sing
"gotta put on, my my, my boogie shoes and boogie with you."}

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SHE DANCED LIKE NOBODY'S WATCHING!! SHE GETS THAT FROM HER DADDY. LOOKS LIKE IT WAS A FUN EVENING. I CAN SEE THE BRIDE AND GROOM IN THE BACKGROUND. THEY LOOK HAPPY....

Jill said...

You all look so nice in your black and white ensembles.

I haven't been to many receptions with dancing, for some reason we don't get a lot of those around here, but we do have one this Friday so maybe we'll shake our groove things.

Dawn said...

I love the pics of Carly and Kenny. They are too precious. When she is older, she will cherish those times!

libba said...

it was a fun time...so glad yall could be there with us. that meant alot! driving in tornadoes and all! :)