Friday, May 4

Fabulous Day

We have had very strange spring weather. In early March, there were several days in a row when it felt like summer (highs in the mid-eighties) - most people were packing up their winter clothes and converting their closets to summer. Planting flowers and having thought of global warming. Then we had another cold snap. And I don't mean just a couple cool evenings. I mean freezing temperatures. We had a couple of weeks that were as cold as any winter weather we had. It is kind of hard to look like spring when you need your heavy coat. (Thank goodness for those trend-setting spring Italian scarves Celeste just brought me!) But then we have had some fabulous spring days!
Kenny and I were out in the yard sprucing up the flower beds and mowing the grass. Carly joined in briefly but then hooked up with her friend that lives next door. I looked up to find them sitting under a tree in the neighbors yard. I think they were playing school. She looked so precious. I wish my picture had done the moment justice. I was pretty far away, trying to keep the zoom steady. But as I tried to get closer she moved to the other side of the tree :) with an exasperated "moooom!"

No comments: