Friday, November 2

in the woods

Carly's ACT class (an accelerated class that Carly attends weekly at school- I'm not bragging right now, I will save that for another blog) took a field trip to the Memphis Agricenter. They had a wonderful program on trees. We took a hay-ride to their outdoor classroom, explored in the woods, learned about identifying characteristics of trees, and participated in interactive learning experiences.
Carly had a fabulous time. She would have stayed there the rest of the day. There were some who were not so excited about the adventure - an exploratory hike into the woods down a deer trail was probably a little too much nature for some.
Carly came home with non-stop chatter with her dad about her day filled with talk of nature. I mean who would not love a treasure hunt in the woods - sticks, rocks, acorns, bark (which she asked if I could put in my purse). I'm just glad there was no wildlife to bring home with us - a little bark in the bottom of my purse is a whole different story than a toad frog :)
beautiful place..beautiful day

snap of Carly and I

4 comments:

TheOneTrueSue said...

What beautiful pics - that top picture of the trees is stunning!

Anonymous said...

Carly I'm with you...no better place than outside (if not too cold)in God's world..Glad you and Mama had a nice day. Love, Mam-Mam

Doodle Bugs said...

what a fun day! your lucky to live so close to all those cool places!

Natasha said...

Great field trip idea! And BTW, brag away, one day you can get your blog printed, Carly can read it when she is grown, and know that you were always so proud of her.
That is a great profile pic you took of her!