Friday, January 25

5 for Friday

This post is a combination 5 for Friday
and a response to a tag from my sister.

  • I found Carly an Easter dress which is a tough job considering she needs a size 10 and I still want her to look like a little girl. I took Carly shopping last week because she literally had NOTHING to wear to church in this crazy cold weather we are having. Mistake - she literally has the tackiest taste ever. She loved the outfit I bought but it was nothing close to what she kept pointing out. But here's the link to the ebay seller and Easter dress I bought.

  • Carly has a gift certificate from Limited Too that a friend gave her last year for her birthday. We never shop there but I figured the GC was about to have a penalty or fine since we have had it a year and haven't used it. So, I went to the mall which I NEVER do to go to Limited Too to look for possibly another sweater for her to wear with the cordoroy skirt I bought her last week. Here is a link to Limited Too http://www.limitedtoo.com/ Maybe you can have more luck here - I could find NOTHING!

  • After Kacey's post, I started thinking about Swoozie's. So, since I was going to go to the mall, I decided I might as well choose the mall that Swoozie's is in. SO CUTE - I bought a couple of things. A happie here, a happie there, that I can't show right now, but if you don't have a Swoozie's you can check it out here.

{for you Kacey! sorry the picture is so bad}

  • I recently ordered a much desired birthday present. One that has been talked about since before Christmas. Recently my precious child asked if she saved her money would I help her buy "Julie". Not just any American Girl Doll but specifically "Julie". But today I ordered Carly's valentine's happie. An American Girl magazine subscription from here. Does you daughter have one? I am always amazed at how something can have such a following across the country for such a long time. It is also amazing how much is on ebay. I bought a cute valentine's dress for Julie here.

  • A couple of months ago, I made a comment on Natasha's blog on this post and she sent me a Barnes and Noble gift certificate. I hadn't had a chance to use it and it just so happened that Barnes and Noble was right next to Swoozies. Yipee! I love a book store. And of course, I use the GC from Natasha and some extra funds and bought a couple of books for myself.

I also got to swing by my favorite used book store (don't be jealous Kacey). It is Book Traders in Memphis if you are in this area. What can be better than a store full of gently used books at discounted prices. I also like it because they have a little corner of kid's chapter books and a picture book section.

  • We made these last year and they turned out really cute.

  • I saw these cookie cutters at Party City the other day. This idea has cute possibilities.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I've been to that Book Traders in Memphis. If it is the one I'm thinking about, I love it! I've bought many a book there. Have fun! I know you will! :)

xo,

Karen Beth :)

Natasha said...

Score on all the shopping finds! I love ebay for children's clothes too. Now that Luci is getting older (size 7)it is more difficult. Luckily she is still willing to wear smocked dresses if I can find them in her size. I love my kids to wear coordinating outfits for Easter, Christmas, etc. I dread the day that Luci discovers Limited Too - I thought Gap was bad enough!

Melinda said...

That Easter dress is beautiful! I am in that hard age also. My one daugter is 8 it is so hard to find decent things for her to wear. Even worse my other daughter who is 4 and very tall for her age is now headed to the big girl section also. I hate what is out there for girls clothes. Limited Two is a joke. If you get lucky and find something cute it is always 50$ or more and who is going to pay that for kids clothes?

I haven't heard of Swoozies. I will have to check it out!

Doodle Bugs said...

Love the Easter dress! Loeve Swoozies and Love Book Traders :O)

Natasha said...

LOVE the new header, I really need to work on mine!

Anonymous said...

You must have been having a very blue winter day...to do so much shopping. Love the dress, the last Easter for a little girl dress...Hate That. Swoozies is just a great place to enjoy looking around. Love you, Mama