Tuesday, January 22

SPT -what's in a name?

This week's challenge thrown out by Lelly
"how you came up with the name for your blog?"
...
Good Mail started in our house way before I heard the term from Kacey or Kristi or Jill - now we just have a name for it. My husband learned quickly that letters, cards, and even sticky notes with "I love you" on them are special to me(thanks mom & dad).
...
Several years ago there was a song by Collin Raye called "If You Get There Before I Do". Many people think it is a sad song about losing someone, but we saw the lyrics more of a statement of love.
...
"If you get there before I do
Don't give up on me
I'll meet you when my chores are through
I don't know how long I'll be
But I'm not gonna let you down
Darling wait and see
And between now and then
til I see you again...I'll be loving you,
love, me"
{surrounded my good mail from my hubby}
We frequently end notes --
"til I see you again,
I'll be loving you..Love, Me"
...
I saw "Between Now and Then" as the perfect blog title because our blog is full of snippets of our life between now and then.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

i think "between now and then" is a perfect place to be!

Amy said...

I love that song...and as a blog name it fits so well!

Poulsen Family said...

What a beautiful name!

Natasha said...

I LOVE IT! That is such a sweet story!

katherine said...

What a great name and the pile of good mail from the hubby is quite the stash. Very cool :)

Shar said...

I was actually reading your blog a couple of weeks ago, and before I got the chance to comment, my kid threw a tantrum and I had to go pay attention to him.

I think you and your sister look a lot alike. How fun. My sister looks like she came from the mailman, cause we look nothing like each other.

I really like your word for this year. There are so many things that you can know, and so many ways to use your word.

I'm so glad that you are so hard-core like us and can barely make it to midnight on New Year's Eve!

Jill said...

How fantastic to have so much good mail from your husband, you're a lucky girl.

Jill said...

I love that song, what a cool place to get the name of your blog.