Saturday, January 19

50 days and counting

3 years ago Kenny and I got our first passports and took off with his mom and her friend. We had a fabulous time. It is hard to put it into words. We flew into Milan, stayed in a beautiful small town-Arquata, by way of Genoa went down the coast to Santa Margarita & Portofino, saw the collosal Pisa Tower, explored Lucca, delighted in Florence, and were amazed by Rome. We ate unbelivable food and drank no bad wine. We saw sights that it is hard to grasp that they are real (not just in a text book or travel guide) and basked in the country known as Italy. I made sure to toss my coin in the Trevi Fountain because I had no doubt that we must return. And that is just what we are going to do. In 50 days, we are on our way back to the old country. This time with all new destinations. Ciao for now - I'll leave you with some of the photos I took while on our last trip....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like to be jealous of anyone but girl... I'M JEALOUS OF YOU!!! :)

This sounds so amazing! I'm so glad you are getting to go back. Besides the South of France, Italy is at the top of my list for places I'd LOVE to go. Wow... take LOTS of pictures and have a BLAST!

Wahoo!

Doodle Bugs said...

I tagged you on my blog!

Jill said...

Ohhh I wish I was going! How wonderful to get to go back!