Friday, March 7

5 (or more) for Friday

  • Finish packing sweet baby girl for her stay with MamMam and Grandaddy. What do you pack when the weather was mid-60's yesterday and snowing and below freezing today? Everything?

And what does sweet baby girl put in her "fun" bag for the trip? Julie (Am Girl doll), Snowbear (lovey), Softie (fuzzy blanket), Ipod and docking station, portable DVD player and case of movies, and several books. Not concerned about a coat or hat or mittens or underwear for that matter.

  • Quick run to the grocery for a couple of necessities because prediction of wintry weather = crazy people in the grocery store + no milk, bread or other necessities like cookie dough or beer (not that I needed those things exactly)

  • Take sweet baby girl to school and talk to teacher about picking her up early so I can meet MamMam and Grandaddy for the drop off before the weather gets bad. You know in Mississippi if we get an inch of snow and s0me sleet the place shuts down!

  • Pedicure here I come. I love a pedicure at the spa with my friend Susan. She rocks! I don't go very often but I made an appointment 2 months ago for today before our trip. Crazy wintry weather, change of plans, laundry, packing, I don't give a flip, I am going to see Susan and get my nails done. I chose the color "Romeo and Juliet" (dark red/brown color) because we are going to Verona while in Italy. It just seemed like fate. Well fate might be a tad bit dramatic in reference to nail color but for whatever reason, I now have beautiful toes and after a therapy session with Susan, I feel like a whole new person.

  • Pick sweet baby girl up early to find out they are letting school out at 1:00 because of the prediction of wintry weather. For all of you who live where you have wintry weather ALL winter, you can just keep on laughing.

Drop by the house, load the car, pick up the dog (because MamMam and Grandaddy have graciously agreed to take both gchildren).

One hour later, meet up with gparents, buy sweet baby girl lunch to-go from Wendy's (because for an hour she has been trying to convince me just how much she is starving), and complete delivery of the package. Quickly head back North, pronto, because remember that wintry weather is coming!

  • Run by the courthouse to vote absentee ballot because election is while we are gone. Have to wait patiently at the counter because all the employees are having an informal meeting to discuss staff leaving because of the wintry weather...I kid you not. I could not make this stuff up.

  • Pull through the library drop off to return stacks of books so the library police does not come to look for me in Italy.

  • Headed back to the house now because of winter weather - just kidding there is all that laundry, packing, assorted tasks that need to be done before you leave town.

{when I got home and it has not stopped snowing since I got here. we might actually get a couple inches of snow. I'm a little sad that I just sent my child further south when we are getting our only snow this year}

  • chili's made and simmering on the stove - because what screams wintry weather more than a big pot of chili!

4 comments:

Natasha said...

Kim Sue, no snow here yet but I posted about the crazy weather here too. We lost power last night for 6 hours and when I came home from work today my mailbox had blown into the ditch (again).

WOW, ITALY!!!!
Can't wait to "hear" all about it when you return. I have never been to Europe - what a dream!!

Carly packs like Luci does. Books, the ipod Shuffle, and lovies get packed 1st. Then hair accessories and jewelry. If she's really thoughtful, a pair of socks or underwear might make it into the bag!

Natasha said...

P.S. Thanks for the Easter stamp - love it!

Jill said...

The snow looks so beautiful.

I'm so excited for you to enjoy your Italy trip, what a huge treat!!

Alisa said...

We are the same way here in OK- with the snow- and things shutting down.
I can't wait to hear more about your trip to Italy- What a trip- it looks like you have gone before? How many times have you been, and why Italy?
I think it would be so fun to go with my husband.