Friday, April 11

Italian family

{Clara and Celeste}
.....
Next stop, Serravalle Scrivia the home of Kenny's cousins. I'll try to document this (Celeste let me know if I mess it up). Kenny's mom is Celeste. Clara is the cousin in Italy. Celeste's grandfather and Clara father were brothers. When Celeste's grandfather was young, he came to the States and Clara's father stayed in Italy.

{Clara explaining the family tree to her daughter, Lully, and me. Add that Clara speaks some English, Lully speaks only a few words of English and I only speak a few words of Italian.}

{from the left...Doug, Kenny, Lully, Maurizio, Clara, and Celeste enjoying anti pasta at Clara's home}

.....

{Dinner out in Arquata...a wonderful experience}

3 comments:

Jill said...

How wonderful.

I have a sister-in-law from Modena, Italy but currently living in Illinois. I sometimes dream about taking a trip to Italy with her.

Unknown said...

isn't it amazing how we can communicate without fluency?

Amy said...

I completely love the bumbling through of *talking* to people in another country. So fabulous that these people are yours (however distantly) and you got to spend time with them.