Friday, June 27

date night...again

Last night we went here on the rooftop.
......

to see these guys...Crossing Dixon

know anything about them? they are originally from Starkville, MS and now are from "Nashville" isn't every budding country band? I think they were a local "cover" band but now have released an album. "Guitar Slinger" is the single that is getting the most attention but my favorite is "I love my old bird dog (& I love you too). It reminds me a lot of Keith Urban. They played a little Montgomery Gentry, Big & Rich, Keith Urban, even some Eagles and Mellencamp. Check them out if you like a little rocking country

Even though we immediately raised the average age by 10 years (okay, more like 15) when we entered, it was a good night. It had been years since I went to a Peabody Rooftop Party, possibly 10. I think I was more appreciative of the setting this time. It was a beautiful night and the views were amazing. The sun was setting over the river and the surrounding buildings were all lit up. The Peabody is historic in Memphis and to spend the evening on the roof is a memorable experience.

......

{looking out at the river}

{redbirds playing baseball at Autozone Park}

5 comments:

Jill said...

That looks like a fun date (no self-portrait of you two?). I haven't been to a concert for years. The lead singer looks like Tim McGraw in that picture.

Doodle Bugs said...

I have heard of them..
They seem to be the *it* band around here especially for the college age parties.

Sounds like a fun night!

Mandy said...

I haven't heard of them, but the view looks incredible!! We haven't stayed there in a long time either. I do love a little rockin' country, we're going to see Kenny Chesney in Nashville this weekend! :)
mandy

Laurie said...

Another thing I love about summer. What a fun evening!

Natasha said...

I've been to the Peabody! Actually, Kim and I stayed at a cheaper hotel down the street but we walked through the Peabody to see the ducks. . .