Sunday, June 29

twilight swim

We were back for more.
Remember 2 weeks ago? You can read more about it here.
We arrived at exactly 4:00 - right on time. It was rest break. When we pulled up to the pool, Carly asked "is it closing?" That is because SO many people were leaving. Woo hoo, I get to pick the lounge chair I want!
......
Carly and her friend played really hard swimming, retrieving sinking toys, taking turns riding in the inner tube, spraying each other with the water guns, jumping off the board, practicing diving, playing silly pool games just like we played as kids. Carly even attempted a front flip off the board. Kenny was playing golf and when he finished he dropped by to visit for a few minutes. There were a lots of breaks to fill up on junk food (there was watermelon, maybe that cancels out the chips, cookies, candy, and pizza).
......
Around 5:30 or 6:00, a few new families showed up. Either other people realized how great twilight swim is or they have been lurking around my blog :) But even with the late comers, at 7:30 my two little girls were the ONLY people in the pool.
.......
I love it because the temperature is PERFECT for sitting in the lounge chair and hanging out. I wrote a few thank you notes, read the paper, did the crossword and the sudoku, read a few chapters in my book looked at a couple of magazines, and even found a baby sitter for next week!
Can't wait for more twilight swim in 2 weeks.

5 comments:

Jill said...

It sounds like you've stumbled onto the perfect time to be at the pool. I'm surprised everyone clears out of their that early. It's a win/win for you and Carly if she gets to swim with a friend and you get to hang out to read and write, I would love that.

Cecilia said...

It sounds like fun! You're so lucky that you got some time to read and write...I can't wait for my kids to be able to entertain themselves!!!

Unknown said...

our childhooh pool would do this. after adult swim (5 pm - 6 pm) they would reopen the pool for swimming, sometimes with musicians on deck, sometimes with a movie.

we had a cabana, and we would potluck with all of the other cabana families. nothing like having to wrap up in a hoodie and towel to watch an outdoor movie in summertime. great memories...

Laurie said...

That sounds so ideal! I LOVE swimming in the evenings. So great that they had the pool to themselves!

Natasha said...

I love your twilight swim idea! That is a great picture by the way!