Monday, June 30

tennis, anyone?

Carly went to tennis camp last week. It was an hour and a half from 11:00 to 12:30 each day. And when I say it was HOT. I mean HOT, and I am not kidding. 90's, in the sun, standing on a concrete tennis court, HOT. But Carly loved every minute and wanted to be there at 10:30, so she could hit balls with one of the other little girls.
Our little town has a budding tennis program and the newly formed parks' department is putting on the camps. The paper even came out to take pictures and write a story about the program. It must have been a slow news day because Carly made the front page of the paper. Okay, it is her back, but no need to be ticky. Her name was in the caption :) Here is the picture that was in the paper. She is in the blue T-shirt.

6 comments:

Jill said...

I'm impressed Carly and the others are braving the heat to play tennis. I don't remember letting it bother me much when I was a kid, but now I can't take it at all. No tennis for me.

Unknown said...

it looks like carly is having a ton of fun, despite the heat. (do kids realize how hot it is?!?)

i LOVE the newspaper photo - we live in a small town, and are very active in the community, so it's always a thrill to see our photos in the paper!

Laurie said...

That's so great for her! I think kids are somewhat immune to the heat - or at least the effects of it.

I'd love to go to tennis camp myself!

Shar said...

That's the worst. Playing on the court when it is so hot!

I hope she loves tennis. It's a good lifetime sport. She could play it till she's 90 if she wants!

Yay for making the paper. I bet she was so excited!

Natasha said...

Cute, your little celebrity!!
Griffin wanted to play tennis this summer but then changed his mind. I was disappointed at 1st but now that I think about it, me missing out on all that heat isn't so bad! We might sign him up when it's cooler.

Mandy said...

Oh, fun...but I totally understand HOT...we did tennis camp on Saturday mornings last month & it was horribly hot...lost of whinning from my folks! But, they know how to play now...mission accomplished! ;)