Monday, June 30

june reads

  • One False Move - Harlan Coban

More in the Myron Bolitar series. Lots of fun. Full of laughs. Lovable characters. Good guys always win.

  • Iron Orchid - Stuart Woods

If you like "spending the whole book trying to catch the bad guy" then you will like this one. Mystery. Characters introduced in other Stuart Woods' books. Quick read. Still trying to understand why the title was Iron Orchid. I must have missed some reference?

  • Remember Me? - Sopie Kinsella

I tried one of her "shopaholic" books and they weren't for me, but I tried to give her another chance in the name of expanding my reading. Still not for me.

  • Bad Luck and Trouble - Lee Child

Another GREAT character - "Reacher", ex-military, drifter, loner, bad boy. He gets back together with his old unit to investigate (avenge) the death of one of its members. The units' tag line was "you DO. NOT. MESS. with the special investigators" and they spend the whole book making sure the bad guys know it.

  • Eclipse - by Stephenie Meyer

I tried to pace myself and savor it, but at the same time I wanted to devour it in one sitting. I have loved this series Twilight, New Moon and now Eclipse. I kept waiting to be let down because my expectations were pretty high, but it was really good. Bella is graduating from high school with the looming date of becoming a vampire (by her choice). Edward (the vampire) is trying to convince her to marry him and her best friend Jacob (the werewolf) is trying to steal her away. What more could you ask out of love triangle? Oh yeah, vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies and they team up to try and save Bella! Good stuff. Now just waiting for Breaking Dawn to hit the shelves!

5 comments:

Jill said...

Are you plowing through the books while sitting in the twilight at the pool or did you read all of these while Carly was at camp? I fear I've become an even slower reader lately, it's taking me weeks to finish one book. Aargh!

Keetha said...

I've got to read those Twilight books.

Shar said...

Wow. You are doing a ton of reading. The only one I've read from your list is Eclipse.

Too bad you don't live in NM. I'm going to have a Twilight movie party at our movie theater opening night!

Amy said...

I remember when I read that much--but then I decided to start Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy. It's taken me forever! I'm starting to get into it now (200 pages in) so it's moving along finally!

Bren's Life said...

I wanted to check out your blog more, because I see on the SpT;s & on Linda's blogs & A few others,, So I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Bren. I have 4 adopted chikdren that I love to pieces. I'm a stay at home mom & I love it.

You have a reallu fun blog & have lots of friends. So I would love to get to know you too. if you doj't mind...