Saturday, June 21

snaps by carly

Drove this morning to pick up sweet girl from camp. I couldn't get my camera out fast enough to catch her walking down the path with her new friends. She had the most content look. Happy, relaxed, secure in her surroundings and with her friends. She was chatting and smiling. When she saw me, she lit up and came over to give big hugs. I could tell that she had a wonderful week. She started talking immediately and chatted continuously until we got home an hour later.

Snaps from Carly's disposable camera.

I am so glad she had a good time. Her stories today remind me even more how much I loved summer camp. She loved playing games (capture the flag, relay races), cooking out, the zip line, swimming, playing in the creek and lake, outdoor devotion, Clue (scavenger hunt-type game), the cafeteria, talent contest, American Idol contest with "church" songs, and making new friends. I think she love the independence. Her biggest complaint was that they didn't get to do the zip line more. "That's okay, I bet we get to do it more next year!"

6 comments:

Doodle Bugs said...

YEA! I knew she would love it!

Anonymous said...

I will be ready to hear "everything"...see all of you this afternoon. Love, Mam-Mam

Linda said...

I'm thrilled that Carly had a great time at camp...what kid doesn't love camp!?!

She took some great pictures!

Laurie said...

Ahhh.... What a good experience.

Natasha said...

What a great idea to leave a camera with her. I'll have to remember that when it's Luci's time in a few yrs!
Hooray for a camping success!!

Jill said...

I'm so glad she had such a good time. The pictures are great!