Friday, August 15

I can't take you anywhere

Last night was Meet the Teacher at Carly's school.
I met up with a couple of friends and off we went. The meeting went well. I think I am going to like Mrs. M, Carly's new teacher. She is calm, easy going, and matter of fact. She is experienced and ready to hit the ground running. She expects a lot more independence and responsibility out of them than in 2nd grade. I look forward to getting to know her better as the year progresses.
Carly has a good mix in her class with many kids that we know from previous years. Her best friend made it back into her room. That made Carly excited.
One week down and besides being tired, I think all has gone well.
.....
When our individual meetings ended, we all started filtering back out to the lobby where lots of chatting began mostly about what we thought, insight from parents who had that teacher in a previous year, who managed to get roped into being room mother, yadda, yadda, yadda.
......
We decided we needed to go when the talking and laughing got loud. Before we got kicked out!
("You don't have to go home but you can't stay here").
.....
On the way out to the car, someone said "wow look at the moon" with much uh's and ah's. Then someone said "Kim Sue, you should have your camera to take a picture"
what? of course I have my camera.
.....
So what you are about to see is 5 grown women having too much fun in the school parking lot trying to take a picture of ourselves AND the moon.
.....

well, we got the moon

um.......nope

obviously, I was the only one ready

......

all of us, no moon, that's it, time for Sonic!

11 comments:

Alisa said...

Love it-all of it.
SO fun that they all got in the pic too.

Anonymous said...

Hahaheehee! Glad to know we can be "old" and still be so easily amused! I had a great time! :)

Natasha said...

What a fun bunch and of course you had your camera!!

mam-mam said...

Be glad you have a Sonic!!!!!

Linda said...

What a cute bunch of women! They look like a great group of friends too.

I'm glad you think you're going to like Carly's teacher.

Yes, I remember them really stepping it up a notch when my kids entered 3rd grade. I hope Carly has a terrific year ahead of her!

Cecilia said...

Those are some funny pictures... I love it!

Great choice on Sonic!

Jill said...

I noticed how huge and bright the moon was last night too, crazy!

These are cute pictures, way to make meet the teachers night so fun.

Nonnas News said...

What a fun time for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Now that's the way to have "Meet the teacher!" What a fun night. And YUM Sonic!

Bren's Life said...

What a fun group of friends.. That is so good that she has a great teacher..

Laurie said...

one of my favorite phrases of all time: Look at the moon!