Saturday, August 16

another man

8 days ago, another man came into my life. He has stormed into my house. He is taking up all my free time. He is disrupting my life. I don't want to do mundane tasks like laundry when he is in the house. I adjust my schedule to accommodate him. He is on my mind and in my conversations. I cheer for him and yell for him. I am excited for his accomplishments and feel like I am a part of the history he is making.
......
It doesn't bother me that I am sharing him with millions of others. In fact, it makes me smile that he is sweeping the world and making history. I enjoy hearing stories about him from what he likes to eat, what he listens to on his iPod, and about his family life. I held my breath in his close finishes and was amazed when he destroyed the field.

I'm just thankful I was there to watch him make history.

......

Is there another man in your life?

Is he disrupting your home life?

Do you cheer him on?

Do you feel like you are a part of history?

Michael Phelps

8 gold medals in one Olympics

most decorated athlete in history with 14 gold medals

16 total medals

13 comments:

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Did you hear me screaming here in Missouri? I was so excited when he won!!

Glad to see someone else is up this late!!

Melinda said...

Blake and I have been watching him and it is truly amazing! It has been so fun.

patsy said...

Oh I totally love this post!!

I'm right there with you :)

Linda said...

Isn't he amazing! His mother must be soooo proud!

Anonymous said...

You mean I'M SHARING HIM WITH YOU?!

Funny post. I think he's taken MaryLou's title of "America's Sweetheart", don't ya think?

Jill said...

He is the other man in my life too! I have loved watching him this past week, and yes he has totally disrupted my home life. I love feeling like I'm witnessing history, and think it's cool that my kids are too because they're old enough to remember this!

Shar said...

Girl, I am so with you on this one! I kind of have a little Olympic crush on Michael. And then he takes off his swim cap or opens his mouth, or speaks. But still... he's awesome.

Bren's Life said...

He Rocks! I love his humility & his cute smile...

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm really excited for the two of you! I hope he starts paying the bills.

Love,
Your Unexciting Husband

Anonymous said...

I get so excited when I come across other MS bloggers- Are you sure we don't know each other? cause I read your 101 things and I swear i could have written it myself- Diet coke, pottery, Sonic??? That is so me! Come visit the dramapond.blogspot.com sometime!

Cecilia said...

What a clever post! I love it!
He is amazing and I'm so happy to be able to watch him make history :)

Anonymous said...

I so totally am sharing him with you! I love the blog comment, and I think these have been the best Olympics to date. (I love Kenny's post as well!) :)

michelle said...

DITTO. What DOES he listen to on his ipod? I've been curious.