Saturday, August 2

July Reads

  • Lost Lake by Phillip Margolin.....compelling who-done-it? Not the best by Margolin that I have read but I did love that I questioned who was telling the truth until the end.

  • Sleeping Doll by Jeffery Deaver......a thriller with a twisting plot and surprises. Kathryn Dance, kinesics expert and master interrogator, tries to get into the mind of a modern day Charles Manson. The kind I enjoy for easy reading and simple enjoyment.

  • Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult..... 2nd book in as many months when the main character has amnesia and returns to a not so perfect world. This time she was torn between a fairy tale world and a harsh reality. How could she leave him? How could she not leave him? Love story with twists.

  • Between, Georgia by Joshilyn Jackson (author of gods in Alabama) A good story with good characters....I liked the description on the back that said "it delivers the kind of sheer reading enjoyment that keeps bookworms up way past their bedtimes" :) Nonny, who tells the story, is right "between" a 2-family feud that has been brewing for generations. What do you do when your biological mom is from one family and your adoptive mother is from the other?

  • Hold Tight by Harlan Coben....You know I love Harlan Coben. This one was full of mystery and suspense. There are multiple plots that finally wind themselves together in the end which to me makes it even harder to put down. I just want all the pieces to fall together. But, one of the overlying issues was the debate between a child's privacy and a parent's right to know?

9 comments:

Jill said...

Wow, you've been doing a lot of reading. Is this mostly during your twilight poolside hours or what? I'm always interested to know when people read. I read in the morning sometimes, the afternoon sometimes, and ALWAYS before I fall asleep.

Rhonda said...

Do you read ALL of these in just a month...???

You are incredible. That or you do what all the rest of do when we read... neglect EVERYTHING around us and ignore the fire in the kitchen as the house burns down around us.

Amy said...

Another impressively long list! I am so jealous! I finally finished the book that I've been reading for three months (maybe more!) during Friday night's bout with insomnia. I'm hoping to get through a few books in August. With all the traveling I'll be doing it should be an easy thing to accomplish.

Nonnas News said...

Wow thats a lot of reading for one month! I enjoy reading when I am in the mood. I hope your having a nice weekend!

Rebekah said...

way to go with your reading! you're really good at writing reviews. i've tried to in the past, but it usually just comes out as ... 'Um, so i thought this book was really good. the characters were really good. it has a good plot. i really liked it.' now i think it's best if i just keep my mouth shut, lest anyone thinks i'm illiterate :).

Doodle Bugs said...

I saw picture perfect at the libary but could not decide.. what do you think? should I read it?

patsy said...

wow- I love your blog!!
I've been meaning to get on here FOreveR- & I am so glad I'm here.

You are such an avid reader- I'm so impressed & jealous- I'm more of an avid magazine flipper threwer... but I'm working on two books right now, so that's an improvement!?

Bren's Life said...

Man- how do you find time to read so many books? I'm going to have to get some of those. I really like mystery - who dun it!!
I'm reading "breaking dawn" the Twilight series. Good books...

Keetha said...

I think you'll like The Girl Who Stopped Swimming. It's good!