Sunday, September 28

date night

Last night Kenny and I had our annual date night to Catfish & Khaki's. C&K is the annual fund raiser for Junior Auxiliary of Desoto County. It is a group that performs service projects for local children. This year will complete my 5 years of active service in JA. It is a wonderful group that is able to do some fabulous things for children in our community. But, I am ready for a break. In the previous 4 years, I have been in charge of various projects for the event such as the silent auction, but this year I was more of worker bee than a queen bee. I worked a few hours during the week to help get ready and luckily (thanks to my husband) was able to sale more than my share of tickets. So, last night I was able to kick back and enjoy the event. The event is held outside on the grounds of an old home here in the county. It was another gorgeous night. The weather was perfect for hanging out under the trees filled with little twinkling white lights. Lots of friends were there and it was fun to visit with everyone. Next thing I knew it was midnight!
{Carly took our picture in the driveway before we left}

12 comments:

Nonnas News said...

How fun! You look so pretty!

Unknown said...

i love your top!

it's always fun to get the service hours done ahead of time, so that you can really enjoy the event. catfish & khakis sounds like a fun theme.

Rhonda said...

That's a great picture of you two.

Five years... KUDOS to you.

patsy said...

Five years! way to be- I love that. I also love the catfish & khakis theme.

Thank you for your encouraging note! I was so delighted to get it in the mail yesterday. I just can't believe you used to stick your ankle in a bucket of ice water!! seriously- my doctor mentioned that & I said- NOT on YOUR life- that sounds so so so painful. You are one tough woman.

Robyn said...

You look beautiful and that dress looks so adorable!

Sounds like you have done a lot of work for this group and it's your turn to rest and let others lead. It's great that you're still involved and helping to raise money for a good cause. Sounds like a great night!

Jill said...

You two look great! It's exhausting to be the queen bee all the time, I'm glad you could be a worker bee for a change.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

You guys are a handsome couple. What a great tradition. I'm glad the queen gets to relax now.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

A date night?? What is that? haha

I need to tell my husband about those!

Michelle said...

What a nice picture of you two...glad you had a good time :)

Unknown said...

YOU 2 ARE PICTURE PERFECT-INSIDE AND OUT.
ILY

Keetha said...

I saw your mother on Good Morning Mississippi this morning - it was a story about her NYC pen pal of over 20 years. How cool!

Shar said...

What a cute couple! You look beautiful!