Monday, September 29

Good Mail

Okay all you senders of Good Mail, if ever there was a good mail challenge, this is it. I don't know this family personally. This email made it to me through a friend of a friend. But, when I saw what it was asking for, I immediately thought of many of you out there on my blog-roll. So, if you have a minute.........
......

Friends and Family,

In my capacity as Children’s Ministry Coordinator for my church, I am often given the opportunity to pray and/or do for the children in my group, but I have never been given such an awesome task as I was given yesterday when a mother called me for assistance. This child is not one of mine, nor do I know her, but she is a child of God none the less and my job is to love her as I do my own. Her name is Peyton and she is 8 years old. She has brain cancer, all efforts to control or reduce the cancer have proven unsuccessful, and she has been told that she has only months to live. When asked her greatest wish, she did not give the expected, “I want to go to Disney World” answer. Peyton replied that her one wish is to receive mail every day until she dies. What a simple request for such a difficult fate!

I believe that this child, surely not realizing the impact her request would have on the many it will touch, was tasked by our God to remind us how precious life is. It is so easy for us, in the hustle and bustle of every day life, to forget to cherish the simple blessings, such as a letter, lovingly addressed to you, found in your mailbox. This innocent little girl, one of God’s blessings, is teaching us that though life isn’t always easy or easily comprehended, the simplest things can be the greatest blessings.

Please join me in making this little girl’s wish come true. Her name and address are below. Her mother just wants there to be something for her in her mailbox every day. We may never know the impact these letters will have on this precious child, but hopefully by taking the time to write to her, we will be reminded of the smallest blessings life has to offer.

Love, Gwin N

......

As I said, I don't know Peyton or her family personally, so I didn't feel right posting her address out there on the blog. But, I have it, so if you are interested in dropping her a piece of good mail, please email me and I will forward the address to you!
4kwise at bellsouth dot net

8 comments:

Nonnas News said...

I would love to send this little girl a letter. Could you email her address to me at: iluvmynonna@yahoo.com
Thanks for sharing this with us!

Doodle Bugs said...

Send me the address!

Heather said...

Of course, we would love to send her some good mail! Please send me her address when you get time.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up.
What a sweet request!

Shar said...

I'd love the address too!

sharonater at gmail dot com

Jill said...

Send me the address!

Amy said...

Please send me the address amhend@hotmail.com. We'd love to send something her way.

Bond Girl 007 said...

oh my goodnesss....please, i WOULD Love to participate. Please send me the address....thank you soo much, also it was sooo fun to see your blog i WILL Plan to visit you again soon.
lv.
claudia