Sunday, September 21

signs of fall

High School Homecoming Football Game
......
We went to Homecoming at Carly's school. It was a beautiful fall evening. It felt cool and crisp. Carly was really excited - not about the football game or even the homecoming court. She loves the fact that she can run around with her friends. In fact, this is one of only a couple of times I saw her all night. She dropped by to show us her face painting.
......
Soccer Season has started

Saturday was Carly's 2nd soccer game. This year Carly moved up to the 3rd-4th grade league. It actually looks like a soccer game. They play positions (sort of), they play as a team (well, a little), and they know the rules (one or two at least). Carly got really close to scoring a couple of times - fooey! But she did make an excellent assist - it is fun to start seeing glimpses of team work!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when they start playing "real" soccer.

Ahhh. Homecoming. Why does that evoke such a great time for everyone. There's just something comforting about it.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

That's one of the things I love about fall, too. Football. There is just a thing about it. I wonder if I would love baseball more if it were in the fall?

Hooray for the semblence of a team! It takes awhile, doesn't it?

I love the pictures you posted. Each one is good.

patsy said...

H.School & college football- I love them both.

I love when parents go to the football games, our HS football game is next friday. I don't think I'll make it- darn.
you are a great mom :)

patsy said...

I meant our hschool homecoming football game- duh sorry

calista said...

Hi there. Welcome from Ginny's blog. Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving a comment. In the past, I have found myself lurking around your blog, and was not kind enough to leave a message....I am sorry. I will do better. I did not realize you were a friend of Ginny's and at some point had found myself on your blog.Then, when I linked to your blog from Ginny's, I saw the familiar picture on your header, I knew it was you....it's a small world my friend, a small world in deed.

calista said...

Your soccer pic's reminded me that I have a funny soccer photo from yesterday to post on my blog....

Anonymous said...

One day, I will update MY blog; we had a good sports weekend, but I also had the eternal shower at my house yesterday...still recovering...

Bridget said...

Sounds like a nice weekend! Love fall football games. One of my favorite things to do.

Bren's Life said...

ok- wait. What grade is she in? She's in 3rd-4th grade soccor but had a homecoming game at school? Isn't homecoming a High School thing? Man- I must really be old school or AZ is totally backward. But then again it's probably me...
Although my boys school is k-8th & I know they don't have homecomings or football teams...

Bren's Life said...

Oh- just letting you know Linda's B-day is the 24th. Let's show her our love & wish her the best day ever...

Kim Sue said...

Hey Bren, Carly goes to a school with K-12th grade. So, yes it is a HS football game but the whole school is involved. KS

Anonymous said...

thanks for the message on my blog. so nice to "meet" you. Hope you enjoy more of the Upside Brown way of life! Happy Fall

Anonymous said...

I luv fall, but it's still so hot! I was sweatin out on the soccer field this am-bummer!