Thursday, September 11

Today's List
36 Foods I like to Eat
  1. tomatoes (especially homegrown in the summer and especially with #2, #10, #17, #25, oh and don't forget #21)
  2. eggs (scrambled, fried, poached, quiche, frittata, stuffed, omelets, egg salad, got it? I pretty much like eggs)
  3. mom's meatloaf (and chicken & dumplin's and chicken spaghetti = comfort food)
  4. Finn's sweet pickles
  5. homemade vanilla ice cream
  6. pound cake (don't forget the Cool Whip)
  7. birthday cake (oh, okay and wedding cake too)
  8. chocolate covered strawberries
  9. sushi
  10. salsa
  11. cheese grits
  12. doug's biscuits (including when they are made by Kenny )
  13. chocolate chip cookies (definitely soft and even better if hot and gooey)
  14. Pig Stand BBQ ...in memory :o(
  15. Kenny's BBQ ribs
  16. BBQ nachos
  17. pimento and cheese (homemade, not that stuff you buy in the grocery)
  18. broccoli cornbread
  19. Italian salsa (exactly like bruschetta topping or tapenade, but completely different)
  20. Celeste's ravioli & salad dressing
  21. bread (pretty much any kind, it all has it's place)
  22. ice cream sandwiches
  23. sweet potato casserole (which makes me want the rest of the Thanksgiving meal too)
  24. shish-ka-bobs (look Dad your cooking even made the list!)
  25. chicken salad
  26. stuffed mushrooms
  27. smoked tuna dip
  28. crabcakes
  29. shrimp poboys
  30. seafood gumbo (starting to see a pattern here? I started thinking about the beach)
  31. chili
  32. Wise family chicken soup
  33. Finn's vegetable soup
  34. fried okra (makes me want to go to Ala Carte right now!)
  35. mashed potatoes (especially with #3)
  36. movie popcorn

16 comments:

Nonnas News said...

Happy BIrthday!!!! I hope your day is special!

Anonymous said...

I have to yes to all but the meatloaf. (of course I've never tried your mom's meatloaf...I'm just saying.)

Bridget said...

Summer tomatoes- does it get any better? I eat mine like an apple with a little salt and pepper. Yummy!!

I will have to send you my mom's meatloaf recipe if you are a meatloaf fan. This one has a mozzarella cheese center and no ketchup. It is fabulous! Even those who don't like meatloaf are a fan of this one.

And of course, movie popcorn. Who doesn't? :)

Cecilia said...

I love this list!
PS-I have something for you on my blog!

Alisa said...

Ok- If I lived close I would bring you a birthday dinner.
So exactly when is the big day?
I hope its lovely!

Robyn said...

Wow, you are such a southern girl! Okra, gumbo, BBQ, poboys, crabcakes, grits... I don't know if I could make it in the south. I do love beneighs! (SP?)

Kim Sue said...

saturday, september 13 but I'm of the mindset that you should drag it out a week or so! :o)

Laurie said...

I love your celebration of 36!!

I also agree with most of your favorite foods, except I've never tried #11, 14, 18, 29, 30, 32 and 33 (of course!) and 34. I've never really been to the southern states! :)

Melinda said...

Good stuff. All of the sea food is making crave shrimp! Happy early birthday! I am only 40 mins off. Hope you have a fantastic day!

Natasha said...

I could go for just about all of this - except the pimento!

Rhonda said...

On my way to do grocery shopping and I am now starving!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, kim sue!!!

love your "36" posts...cute! hope today is great! thinking of you.

lib

Anonymous said...

You are my southern child...HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!! Love, Mama

patsy said...

I love this list! what a great idea- I love fried okra, I made some last week. I grew up on it & my neighbor planted some in his garden & shares- I am dying for the recipes to everything, especially the cheese grits-mmmm

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Yum. You and I could share a plate on most everything, Kim Sue!