Tuesday, October 21

happy fall y'all

Carly's school does not "observe" Halloween. And as the student handbook indicates, they are not allowed to bring any Halloween treats to school. (Bah Humbug) So, each year Carly takes Fall treats for her teachers.
......

This year we made Sausage and Cheese Balls. Yumm-O. I ate a couple for breakfast this morning, another one when I got home, and a couple for dinner tonight. I wish I had not made so many!

Kacey (doodlebugspaper.com) made these super cute cards with the scarecrow poem on them for me.

Kacey also gave me these super cute styrofoam cups. Good thing I have such an awesome sister or I probably wouldn't have pulled off these treats. Too bad she wasn't close enough to make the sausage balls because hers are excellent (although Carly reminders her frequently that she a burned a batch one time).

I filled the cups with sausage balls, sat them down in clear cello bags, tied them with raffia and attached the poem. They turned out super cute and Carly loves to give out treats.

Sausage and Cheese Balls: Combine 1 pound sausage, 2 1/2 cups Bisquick, 16 ounces sharp cheddar cheese. Add red pepper, garlic powder, and a dash or two of Worcestershire sauce (to taste). Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.

16 comments:

Mandy said...

SOOOOO cute!!
I'm going to try that recipe tomorrow, thanks for sharing!! :)

Doodle Bugs said...

yummy yummy yummy!! I think I need some sausage balls! And how cute are they in those cups?? I just supplied the materials- you pulled it together!

patsy said...

mmm yum- lucky teachers!!
darling presentation :)

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

How darling! I love this idea. And though I've seen that recipe around before, I've never used it. You've sold me. I'm going to try it.

Thanks for the cute idea.

Nonnas News said...

I love sausage balls! I always make them every year at christmas times, but I may have to make some this weekend, you made me want some! What cute packaging. Your so lucky to have such a talented sister!

Ginny said...

OOOO, now I want to go make some sausage balls!!!
:)

Bren's Life said...

The cookies look so good! My kids school does a parade around the ha;;s in their costumes..

Heather said...

Oh, those sound good! thanks for sharing! Any chance Kacey will be selling the cups and poem? I love how you put it all together...creativity must run in the family:)

Anonymous said...

yummy and cute. a perfect treat.
Cute stuff.

Wendi said...

Oh man, those sound good! Lucky teachers.

And what school doesn't celebrate Halloween??? Bah humbug is right.

Natasha said...

It's fall and not Halloween at many of the schools around here too. Oh, and "winter celebration" and not Christmas. I bet those treats were much appreciated after all of the sugar going around!

Anonymous said...

If my husband were to see this, he would appear at your door with a halloween bag. The man is wild about them. His grandmother used to make two batches; one for everyone to share, and the other just for him!

The gift bags are adorable!

Nonnas News said...

how did the teachers like their fall gift? I bet they loved it!!
Yes, some of those pictures were taken in Cade's Cove. It was my favorite part of the park! It was like taking a drive in the country with mountains as the backdrop!

Anonymous said...

I love love sausage balls. Yum. Cute stuff you received!

Jill said...

That's kind of a bummer about Carly's school not recognizing Halloween.

I love the Happy Fall Y'All cups and the gifts you made out of them!

Liz said...

I am a little slow, do you brown the sausage first? These sound so yummy!