Thursday, October 23

made me laugh

I was reading today (not a big surprise) in The Collectors, a murder-mystery by David Baldacci. (It will be in my book review post at the end of the month.)
.
In the book, one of the main characters, Caleb, who is a librarian is almost killed. He and his friends are getting all wound up and making a plan to get the bad guys.
.
Caleb pipes up with much bravado "I want him to go to jail for the rest of his life and....and....and....never get to read another book ever again. That will show him!"
.
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
.
Well maybe you have to have a little of Caleb's love for books in you for it to be amusing.
.

7 comments:

Natasha said...

Funny, and that would REALLY be funny to my Luci as she is the reader here.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE David Baldacci's books! The last one I read was so good that I can't call up the title right now! I hate it when that happens! The character's name sounds familiar and I'm wondering if he was in the last one.

I'm going to have to check amazon.com and find the title of that book or it will drive me nuts.

Have you read The Winner? I think it's my favorite Baldacci book, but it's hard to choose.

I completely agree with Caleb, by the way!

Keetha said...

Oh, that's GOOD.

Have you read The Christmas Train by him?

(Oh, yes, that was the lovely Italian wrap I had on in that photo - I'm enjoying it!)

Laurie said...

That is funny. And that would be torture!

Anonymous said...

To Never Get To Read Another Book Again is jail!!!!!!!!! You are my daughter, just a faster reader than your mother. Love you...

Ann On and On... said...

Great Blog...I'm new to all this. I found yours through a friend of a friend. I am in my glory reading and seeing all that goes on in this crazy world. What a comfort to hear others speak similar words as your own.
D.Baldacci- What a great line to share, I'll pass that along to others.

Jill said...

Not getting to read anymore books would be worse than a jail sentence!