Friday, October 17

smarter than the average bear

Tradition in our house is.....
good report card = going out
.

Carly finished the 1st 9 weeks of third grade..

Report cards came home on Wednesday, and Carly had made the "honor roll". I guess 3rd grade is the first time you are eligible for that designation. She even got a cool blue ribbon. .

After oohs and ahas over the ribbon, Carly asked "I guess I can't hang this in my room because you want it for the scrapbook, right?" Well, yeah. But we compromised and hung it on the refrigerator (it's not like I am caught up to date with scrap booking anyway).

.

Carly chose Chinese buffet which was a HUGE surprise. I even asked her before we left the house if she was sure. Jokingly I said "don't tell me you are burned out on Mexican?" and she said "I just need a break" what? I bet she's asking before the week is over.
.
Carly's plate included: won ton soup, sesame chicken, spring roll, a token piece of broccoli and crab rangoons.
.

We ended the evening with ice cream. Carly's choice was orange sherbet.

11 comments:

Laurie said...

She's very cute - and smart! I like that she chose Chinese.

Mandy said...

Woot, woot!!
WTG, Carly!!

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Go, Carly, Go! Hooray for you, Kim Sue!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Yeah Carly! Congrats on the good grades!

Rhonda said...

What great news. Keep it up. Looks like that orange sherbet is the best.

Jill said...

I don't think my kids have ever even tasted Chinese food, except rice.

Congratulations to Carly!

Doodle Bugs said...

Chinese.. YUCK!!!!!!!!

And she is one smart cookie :o)

Anonymous said...

Great going grandchild...Love G'daddy and Mam-Mam

Robyn said...

Way to go Carly! Congrats on the honor roll. I love that she chose Chinese food. Looks tasty to me!

Natasha said...

Crab Rangoons are the best!! And how nice of her to take some broccolli, if only a piece!

patsy said...

Hooray!! Good report cards are the best- great tradition :)

Yumo on the chinese- but ya mexican is my true love too.