Saturday, October 18

soccer saturday

sweatshirt weather
dew on the ground
sun shining bright
excited kids everywhere
saturday morning soccer
.

Carly played hard and is learning more each game. While, I'm becoming more of a soccer mom each game. I just can't help yelling directions and cheering the team on. I try to take some pictures but I get too involved in the game to even remember to snap pictures.

I cheered Carly while she was ......

Playing defense. Moving the ball down the field. Intercepting in bound passes. Making good passes. Learning to control the ball. Working as a team player. Charging the ball.

Some highlights of the game were.....
making 2 great assists for scores
making 2 really good (quick) in bound passes
not stopping & continuing to try and score while on the ground
one very hard kick off the goal post for a near score, and
one score!!
.
Carly said the title of this post should be
SOCCER ROCKS
{with the biggest letters you can make}
.
.
Most of all
I love to see them all
smiling, encouraging each other, and having fun!

8 comments:

Bren's Life said...

What great pictures. You can tell she loves to play..

Robyn said...

Carly rocks! She looks like a great soccer player. I love watching my kids play soccer (ok, don't tell Olivia, but her not so much. 5 yr olds aren't very good) but Austin's team is great to watch. I love the game- it's very easy to fall into the Soccer Mom thing.

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Go, Soccer mom, go. I agree. It's too easy to get involved in their games to take pictures, but you took some great ones.

Good for Carly.

Anonymous said...

The picture are super..you can see her in action. Hoping to see the real action Nov. 1st. Love to all, Mam-Mam

Natasha said...

Carly does rock! Great pics, too! My kids have been playing for 2 years now and I find myself liking the whole soccer mom thing.

Laurie said...

Soccer Rocks! Sounds like a great thing to do on a Saturday, and Carly looks like a natural. I only had a brief stint as a soccer mom, but I'm pretty clueless when it comes to sports and terms and rules so mostly I'm just like, "go go!" without any real constructive cheering.

You are SO SWEET, Kim Sue! Thanks for the good mail.

patsy said...

I love soccer! I love having an excuse to be out in the fall weather. no one is playing soccer here this year... bummer. Maybe I should join up?

Jill said...

It looks and sounds like she's a natural! Soccer is wonderful, it will be a gift in her life.