Saturday, October 4

a vegetarian's nightmare

Kenny and a few buddies got together a cooking team for a local BBQ cooking contest this weekend.
......

Basically an excuse for the guys to hang out for 2 days. There was lots of set up and prep work - no lie, there were even T-shirts and baseball caps printed.

......

I think that they cooked just about every kind of meat they could put their hands on. There was a token pan of baked beans and a stick of saltine crackers, but besides that - pork, beef, duck, dove, chicken, turkey, deer, you get the picture.

It is such a guy thing.

......

Last night Carly and I went for a little while. She was happy running around with friends and a cup of green apple Italian ice.
......
The chef is now taking a nap. Prior to that he said he wanted pizza or pasta for supper. You think he might have eaten too much protein in the last 2 days? I'm thinking a salad is called for!
......
addition....Since I wrote the post, Kenny made the front page of one paper and was quoted in another. Their team "Deep in the Sauce" won 1st place in the poultry and 3rd in the pork shoulder.
I overheard a conversation between team members that maybe they should write down what they do so they will remember next time?

8 comments:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

What a great title, Kim Sue.

Carly's Italian ice looks so good.

I think men and barbeque cook-offs are just the greatest. They cook with such zeal!

Laurie said...

That's hilarious. Under those circumstances I just might be craving a salad too.

Shar said...

So did they win? Looks so yummy! I would have offered to be a taste tester, for sure!

Nonnas News said...

I bet he had a lot of fun even though it was a lot of hard work!

Jill said...

Wow, that definitely looks like a vegetarians nightmare!

Amy said...

It looks good to me. I love it when people doing anything with passion. And I truly think that BBQ is something I could feel passion about. (or italian ice!)

Rhonda said...

What great memories. That cup of Italian ice looks soooo yummy!

sweetfunkyvintage said...

That is hysterical - writing it down! what a novel concept!
missy