Saturday, October 4

weather made to order

Today was gorgeous.
Seriously about as good as you get here in Mississippi.
Started in the mid-50's and warmed up to the mid-70's.
The sky was blue and the sun was shining.
Perfect.
.....
It was field trip day.
Field trips WEAR ME OUT!
It doesn't matter much where we go.
By the end, I am spent!
.....
I am truly thankful that I am able to go
because I think my daughter appreciates that.
I think she does.
There are moments when she acts like a snot
and I question the decision.
.....
Today's field trip was to a Craft's Festival.
There were booth after booth set up with craftsmen demonstrating handmade crafts such as candle making, glass blowing, pottery, blacksmith, you get the idea.
......
The Pink Palace Museum which helps organize the event
provides questions to the schools that the students could ask the craftsmen. So, you saw a lot of children running around with their questions like they were on a scavenger hunt.
......
After we had visited the craftsmen and ate fair food for lunch.
We walked around looking at more booths and the kids made sand art.
I think it was the highlight of the day.

{Carly and her good friend Miss C}

15 comments:

Melinda said...

That looks like a really fun field trip. I always feel so bad that I can't go on the kids field trips with them. They don't allow the younger sibblings to go. I always drive to all of the field trips for pre school. They are much nicer to have a few tag a longs.

Laurie said...

It is great that you go on the Field Trips! But I also know what you mean by them wearing you out. That is so true.

Nonnas News said...

What a fun field trip!!

Jill said...

Field trips are definitely exhausting. I think teachers are brave (or perhaps gluttons for punishment) for scheduling them at all. I usually volunteer to help with my kids' field trips (I'm actually going on an overnight campout tomorrow with Landon's 5th grade) and know they like having me there. I feel better about them going when I'm there too, it's kind of frightening to think of them in a weird place with minimal supervision.

Bren's Life said...

The school does field trips on Saturdays? Never heard of that before.
What a fun field trip. Looks like the kids loved it.

Robyn said...

That sounds like an interesting field trip. I bet the kids had a lot of fun... you, on the other hand... I hope you came home and had a long bubble bath!

Michelle said...

Looks like you guys had fun...glad the weather was so nice, too! It's all about making memories, huh?!

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Blessings,
Michelle

Amy said...

You're always doing fun things with your girls. They will definitely remember & love you for it!

Lene said...

What a fun place for a field trip.

I try to go on field trips with the kidlets. I think my kids like having me there too.

Anonymous said...

Even I'd go on a field trip to that place, and I hate field trips!

Good on you for going.

Cecilia said...

Field trips are fun for the kids and exhausting for us, but I'm sure Carly loved having you there and she will be forever grateful!

Michelle Alley said...

I just love going on field trips with my girls! I totally agree! It looks like you guys had fun and I'm sure your kids will be very thankful that you were their!

sweetfunkyvintage said...

That sounds like a great day!
Can you order me some of that nice weather?
Here in San Diego, it was 101 today. ugh.
missy

Natasha said...

That looks like a fun one! Kim and I went on Griffin's field trip to a farm yesterday and by the end of the day we were spent! I went on one with Luci last year and she was so ugly to me that I refused to chaperone any more all the remainder of last school year.

calista said...

Girl, you are a list queen. I bow down!