Saturday, October 11

7 things about me today

My friend Ginny over at 2 Farm Angels tagged me.
She asked me to share 7 things about myself. If you have been reading a while you know I have made several lists. There is one here, and here, and here, and a really long one here.
So, I thought I would try to come up with 7 things about me today.
.....
{Feel free to stop reading if you think you know too much about me already. It's okay, I give you permission. I will be forced to remove you from the Christmas card list, but you can go. Really, don't feel obligated to keep reading.}
.....
1. Today, my grandmother, Finn, is on the top of my prayer list. She is in the hospital and not having a good day. Today, I was up early to spend the morning with her in the hospital.
.....
2. Today, I drove home by myself (well the dog was in the backseat but she slept the entire way). It was quite pleasurable. Nobody cared (not even the dog) that I sang every song on the Grease album. twice.
......
3. Today, on the way home I got to catch a glimpse of harvest in the Delta. It is my favorite time. I think the Delta is beautiful in the fall. I saw cotton being picked and beans being cut. I also saw field after field of milo. The fields were beautiful, golden brown and green. I realized I don't know much about milo and I need to read up on it.
.....
4. Today, I stopped and took a couple of pictures. (The dog didn't seem to care if I did that either.) The Delta is full of photo opts. So many opportunities and so little time.
.....
5. Today, I wrapped a baby present, Doodle Bugs Stationery, of course. This week, I had the chance to spend some time in my sister's work room helping with stationery. I enjoyed doing that and wished that I lived closer so I could help more often. Then I thought that I don't think I could move back to the Delta, so I wished she lived closer to me so that I could help.
......
6. Today, I watched the premiere of CSI. I missed it earlier in the week and was a little bummed. Then I discovered that I could go to cbs.com and watch it on the computer. That rocks. How come I hadn't thought about that before?
......
7. Today, I opened my Google Reader account and saw that there were 179 new posts waiting on me. I have been away from home and busy for the last few days and have not visited some of my favorite blogs. Now if I was talented enough to fold clothes and read blogs (at the same time) it would be perfect.

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

I should stop and do this too. Hope your Grandmother is on the way out of the hospital and feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I hope your Grandmother is doing better. See you soon!

Unknown said...

NO EXCUSES NEXT TIME WE PULL OUT THE KAROKE MACHINES AT CHRISTMAS! YOU TOLD US YOU "NEVER" SING..DOUG SAID YOU COULD GO FIRST.. :-)

Amy said...

Singing along to musicals in the car. . .one of my many guilty pleasures!

I love TV online. I have a DVR, but it came in so handy when I was on vacation and didn't have a TV to watch the season premier of The Office. Jeremy and I just watched it online!

Finally, I hope your grandma's hard times end soon and she starts to feel better. It's so hard to see people we love in pain. It's good that you've been able to spend some time with her.

Cecilia said...

I hope your grandmother feels better soon. I'll add her to my prayer list.

Singing in the car is the best...my favorite is ABBA!!!

I love what you said about reading blogs and folding clothes at the same time...wouldn't that be awesome???? I don't have that talent either....LOL

Linda said...

I love car drives when I can be alone...stopping at leisure without anyone else's objections!

I hope your grandmother is on the mend soon. I'm glad you were able to spend some time with her...and glad to spend time with sister too. I bought some Halloween goodies from her and just ordered some Christmas things too. I LOVE her stuff!

Robyn said...

Hope your grandma Finn (love that name) gets better soon. Great that you could be with her.

Laurie said...

You could never post too many lists.

Great photos.

Wishing your grandmother well.

Shar said...

I hope your Grandmother feels better. And Finn is such awesome name!

I love how you can go on the internet and watch any shows you missed! What would we ever do without the internet?