Tuesday, November 4

september & october reads

  1. Stone Cold by David Baldacci Seriously? It's just going to end like that? I saw Baldacci has a new book out. I'm sure it picks up right where this one left off. Which means I have to read it because what happens with Annabelle?
  2. Marley and Me by John Grogan funny and sad...found myself relating as an owner of a dog who has eaten her share of items that were not meant to be eaten, crashed through her own screen doors and has her own irrational fears of fireworks. Just read that the movie comes out in December with Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson - glad I didn't know that before I read it because the picture I drew in my head does not match those 2 actors.
  3. Dark Harbor by Stuart Woods Stone (not to be confused with Baldacci's Stone, what's the chance of that? 2 main characters in 2 books I read this month with the same name) and his gang on an island off the coast of Maine trying to solve a rash of murders. Holly is kidnapped but all is well in the end
  4. Angel's Flight by Michael Connelly Howard Elias, LA civil rights lawyer who made a name for himself for suing cops, is murdered. Is it a cop or not? Lots of twists and turns. As usual Bosch figures it out in the end.
  5. Now and Then by Robert B. Parker Listened to this one on audio. Joe Montagne reading Spencer and Hawk's dialogue full of wit and sarcasm was great.
  6. Bad Business by Robert B. Parker Spencer and Hawk at it again. Initially hired for a divorce case to gather proof of husbands infidelity but of course the plot only thickens from there. And in the words of Hawk "oh , what a tangled web we weave".
  7. Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier dark, mysterious, full of secrets....keeps you reading so you can find out what is going to happen next. And moral of the story "don't move into a scary mansion, with creepy servants because you fell in love with a man who had a dead first wife" just don't do it!

3 comments:

Keetha said...

I'll have to check out the David Baldacci one for sure.

I loved Rebecca!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

I loved Marley and Me. I read it after our Golden Retriever passed away and boy was I boohooing!

MaryRC said...

Rebecca is a great classic, I have Mary Anne by D.D. quite a different character, I've yet to finish. Marley and me is in my pile of books to read, but Jane Eyre is what I am in the middle of now as well as Stephenie Meyer's The Host... i am all over the place..