Sunday, November 30

thanksgiving in silver city

Kacey told me that she read that the average person consumes 4500 calories on Thanksgiving. This a big problem because I get to do it twice. Since we spend a whole week with family we eat a lot, AND we have two official Thanksgiving meals.
On Thursday we had our official Thanksgiving meal in Silver City- chicken & dressing, sweet potato pudding, broccoli & rice, butter beans, cranberry sauce, and rolls. Later there was apple pie.

It was perfectly Thanksgiving and oh so Yummy. I think it adds even more to the week that we get to celebrate twice. It is also special that our families have different ways of celebrating and Kenny, Carly & I get to eat two very different holiday meals.

What else did we squeeze in? a little Christmas shopping, Carly got a flu shot, working for Doodlebugs, hunting, cooking, visiting with family, made a trip to Indianola to eat at the Crown, watched the Macy's Tgiving day parade, played Twister, made more recycled turkeys, read, worked on Christmas cards, looked at lots of Christmas magazines, was a little lazy, and enjoyed every minute of it.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

4500 calories?!?!
OMGosh...two days worth of food in one setting! Ugh (no wonder I'm still not hungry two days later) LOL!!

Love all these pics, your family is beautiful! :)

Jill said...

I'm wanting more Thanksgiving food, so two official Thanksgivings sounds great to me!

Shar said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! Your two Thanksgiving meals are SO different. You weren't kidding! Um... your bacon things? I think you might need to email me the recipe, or put it on your blog. Sounds delish!

I love your pretty folded napkins!

Doodle Bugs said...

Good times!! The broccoli and rice was the best! And, I guess you did pretty good NOT burning the dressing!!

Oh.. and I got my new laptop today! :o) Whooopie Dooo!! I am spoiled now!

Cecilia said...

Sounds like the perfect Thanksgiving weekend! How lucky that you get two yummy dinners!!!!

Keetha said...

I love these posts from home. :-) Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

yUMMO!
I'm so happy you had 2 great days of feasting.

calista said...

Sounds heavenly, and much like what went on here. Aren't the holidays grand????