Friday, January 15

it has to be ABOVE freezing

Carly came home from summer camp raving over archery. She loved it and was only upset because she didn't get enough turns.
When Kenny and I started talking about what we were going to give Carly for Christmas, a bow came up. To Kenny's surprise {I think}, I thought it was a good idea. It is an activity that she does outside. It is an activity that once she has some instructions she can do by herself. It can also travel easily to the lake house or deer camp.
We gave it to her Christmas morning with the big target. The only problem was the wind was blowing about 30 miles an hour. Not really good conditions for an arrow. Then we left for Silver City and then deer camp. By the time Carly got home, the crazy cold weather had moved in. She really wanted to get outside and shoot it. I told her she couldn't do it the first time without supervision/instruction by her daddy. Her daddy told her that there was NO way he was going outside to shoot the bow and arrow until the temperature rose above freezing.
Patiently she waited until the temperature inched up to 33, maybe 34 and gave her daddy the "you said.....". I on the other hand was content to stand at the windows looking out into the backyard and watch the fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looking good,

Melinda said...

BLake loves archery also. I hope she didn't freeze out there!

Unknown said...

HER NONNA LOVED TO BOW HUNT!!! YOU GO GIRL...SHE HAS THE CONTROL TO BE EXCELLENT WITH A BOW...

Linda said...

This post brings back memories Kim Sue. I took archery in high school and loved it. Is there any sport that Carly doesn't enjoy!? She's very well rounded and good at so many things. Like you, I exposed my kids to EVERYTHING! I have no regrets in that area!

Linda said...

Kim Sue, you mentioned my iTunes library. It was on my old computer that crashed. I'm starting over from scratch now.

Jill said...

What a cool gift! I've been thinking about archery because of the book I'm reading right now (Catching Fire) and thinking how great it would be to be good at something like that.