Saturday, October 15

new orleans ... day III

We started the day back at Cafe du Monde.
The girls thought that was the best choice.
I decided on a repeat too.
A Bloody Mary from across the street at the Corner Bar.
Might be the best one I have ever had.
Next was a visit to the Insectarium.
I'm not much of a bug fan, but it was really well done.
There were all kinds of interesting insects.
They even had a garden spider just like the one we had in our yard.
There was someone standing by the spider that told us all kinds of things about her. We saw ants and beetles and mosquitoes, katydids,
flies, walking sticks, spiders, butterflies, ladybugs and more.
The Japanese garden was cool. There were butterflies everywhere.
They really liked Carly's shirt and Kenny's white cap.
We ate lunch at Mother's.
I'm still torn by what I should have ordered.
There were so many choices and it all sounded good.
I decided on a crawfish ettouffee omelet with grits and a biscuit.
I'm still sad that we were too full for the pecan pie.
When we left, we walked toward the Warehouse District.
Although not on our original plan, we ended up at the children's museum.
It was a great way to wrap up our weekend. The bubble room was one of their favorites.
Big bubbles, little bubbles. It took practice!
There were a lot of interactive exhibits
and surprisingly there were a lot of great ones for tweens.
We haven't been to the Children's Museum in Memphis for a couple of years
because Carly has really outgrown the exhibits there.
Carly decided that she needs a light table in her room.
Her and Miss MM spent a lot of time there
drafting out a house plan.
What a fabulous weekend!
Looking forward to going back.

1 comment:

Neighbor Jane Payne said...

Oh man. A bug museum. I wish I were braver.